Our team has specialists in several areas, which allows us to provide comprehensive advice. Lawyers and accountants work together achieving multidisciplinary advice focused on the business of our clients.
Legal and Notary
- Start-up, shelf-corporations
- Legal restructuring
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Free zones
- Redomiciliation process from and to abroad
- Legal audits and reviews prior to the acquisition of companies (Due diligence)
- Investment funds and local and international trusts
- Disposal of business establishments
- Shareholder agreements
- All kinf of business contracts
- Assistance in inspective processes and determination of taxes carried out by tax office
- Defense of taxpayer in administrative and judicial stages
- Legal consulting
- Assistance in opening local and international bank accounts
- Advice in central bank regulations
- Loans agreements and financing
- managing labor relations
- dispute resolution and drafting work contracts, among other things
- participate in collective bargaining agreements, and advise our clients on preventing this type of conflicts.
- related social welfare and taxation issues.
When a company decides to establish itself in our country, we provide advice regarding labor laws. We also aid in the procurement of the work permits, visas and stay permits required by foreign employees.
He worked for the firm PwC Uruguay from March 2012 to February 2019, being Manager of the legal services area.
He has more than 10 years of experience in legal advice to local and multinational companies that invest in Uruguay, specializing in labor law, social security and immigration services.
He has participated in innumerable courses, conferences and postgraduate courses in labor, immigration and pension matters, both nationally and internationally. It has several publications and courses taught in its areas of expertise.
He successfully completed and completed his postgraduate studies in Applied Labor Law at the University of Montevideo in 2016.
He is a member of the Uruguayan Bar Association, the UDELAR Institute of Labor and Social Security Law and the Uruguayan Association of Labor and Social Security Law.
- draft relevant administrative contracts
- accomplish all the necessary formalities before public entities: permits, licenses, authorizations, etc
Wide range of notarial services through our excellent team of notaries public. Particularly, assistance in all aspects related with acquisitions an d structuring in real state.
Accounting and Tax
Our firm has a great team of professionals that provide our clients with the following services: preparation of financial statements and their foreign currency translation, preparation of budgets, regular accounting information under IFRS or/and US GAAP; filing and payment of taxes, preparation of information required by State entities, implementation and parameterization of appropriate accounting systems, issue of commercial documentation, among other things, including payroll, payroll review and services for foreign workers.
We prepare and review computations of all taxes applicable to the client as taxpayer or withholding agent.
We advise our clients on tax treatment of a specific transaction, or on the interpretation and application of tax rules in relation to a specific case, issuing our recommendation of the one most appropriate for the company’s situation.
Our services include:
- Local and international tax planning.
- Application of double taxation conventions.
- Advice on defining the strategy for critical tax issues.
- Treatment of complex transactions, such as mergers, demergers and sales of commercial establishments, among others.
- Tax due diligence procedures.
- Legal structuring of transactions, from the standpoint of the company and of the shareholders’ particular situation.
- Company assessments for tax purposes.
- Submission of requests for binding revenue rulings from tax authorities, to have their interpretation of specific rules.
We are highly experienced in helping our clients to make acquisitions to other companies, reaching results through our local and international network.
Also, we have a portfolio of opportunities to offer to local and foreign investors.
Prospecting and targeting looking for companies that fit your objectives and business plan.
Comparative analysis of preferential regimes such as free zones, free ports or free airport.
Preparation of business plans, conclusion of user agreements for free zones and management of approval by the competent public authorities.
Analysis of imports and exports
Studies of bonding and customs valuations, presentation of rulings before the Customs authorities.
Negotiation in inspections.
Weekly publication of our #MonitorComex
Customized and preferential services for tax planning and / or successions of individuals or families in the region.
We design tight strategies based on the objectives to be achieved in each case and the changing local and international regulations.
We implement the structuring and perform its subsequent administration.